There are so many things to consider once you discover you have a little one on the way. Our classes will help you prepare for life as a family — whether this is your first child or you are repeat parents. We even offer classes for grandparents and siblings.
Register for Classes
For any of our in-person classes, please visit our event calendar and register online.
The following are suggested class groupings based on popular demand:
Classes for the Mom-to-Be
- Childbirth Preparation (Lamaze)
- Breastfeeding Basics
- Newborn Care
Classes for Experienced Parents
- Understanding Birth eLearning (see below)
- Siblings Class
- Grandparents' Class
Classes for the Family
- Baby ER/Infant and Child Safety (does not include CPR)
- Siblings Class
- Safe Sitters Class (does not include CPR)
Note: The Valley Hospital reserves the right to combine or cancel classes depending on enrollment.
Meet with our Childbirth Navigator
Valley's Childbirth Navigator will meet with you personally to discuss and gently guide your pregnancy decisions.
- We like to see new mothers-to-be when they are 28 weeks pregnant.
- Please call 201-447-8233 a few weeks before you reach 28 weeks to set up your first appointment.
eLearning Childbirth Education Program
The Understanding Birth eLearning Childbirth Education Program is an interactive, web-based tool that contains animated illustrations, videos, voice-overs and games.
The program is a convenient alternative for:
- Expectant parents who cannot attend a conventional prepared childbirth class due to bed rest, scheduling conflicts or time constraints
- Repeat parents as a refresher tool
To access: The eLearning program includes access for a 60-day period, beginning from the date of your initial use. You will receive an access code after you register and pay for the class.
- Childbirth education and labor support
- Discomforts of pregnancy
- Understanding labor and birth
- Labor guide
- Caring for yourself postpartum
- Feeding your newborn
- Caring for your newborn
The fee for eLearning is $175. To register for this program, please call 201-291-6151.