All Valley locations are open, safe and ready to care for you. Call 1-800-VALLEY 1 (1-800-825-5391) to schedule a Safe Visit with a Valley Medical Group provider.Read More
There are so many things to consider once you discover you have a little one on the way. Our classes will help you prepare for life as a family — whether this is your first child or you are repeat parents. We even offer classes for grandparents and siblings.
Register for Classes
For any of our in-person classes, please visit our event calendar and register online.
The following are suggested class groupings based on popular demand:
Classes for the Mom-to-Be
- Childbirth Preparation (Lamaze)
- Breastfeeding Basics
- Newborn Care
Classes for Experienced Parents
- Understanding Birth eLearning (see below)
- Siblings Class
- Grandparents' Class
Classes for the Family
- Baby ER/Infant and Child Safety (does not include CPR)
- Siblings Class
- Safe Sitters Class (does not include CPR)
Note: The Valley Hospital reserves the right to combine or cancel classes depending on enrollment.
eLearning Childbirth Education Program
The Understanding Birth eLearning Childbirth Education Program is an interactive, web-based tool that contains animated illustrations, videos, voice-overs and games.
The program is a convenient alternative for:
- Expectant parents who cannot attend a conventional prepared childbirth class due to bed rest, scheduling conflicts or time constraints
- Repeat parents as a refresher tool
To access: The eLearning program includes access for a 60-day period, beginning from the date of your initial use. You will receive an access code after you register and pay for the class.
- Childbirth education and labor support
- Discomforts of pregnancy
- Understanding labor and birth
- Labor guide
- Caring for yourself postpartum
- Feeding your newborn
- Caring for your newborn
The fee for eLearning is $175. To register for this program, please call 201-291-6151.