You and your partner will have many factors to consider when creating your birth plan.
Valley can help you create your plan. Our childbirth navigator provides education about all of your options for a family-centered birth, including:
Working with Valley's childbirth navigator can empower you with knowledge about all of your childbirth options — both natural and medical.
At approximately 28 weeks, your initial private consultation with our childbirth navigator focuses on:
- Informing you about birth options from self-care to labor and birth.
- Educating you about Valley's approach to care that includes all components of you: body, mind, spirit.
- Forming a partnership with a physician or midwife so you can enter into this important event with confidence.
- How best to educate yourself to be prepared for your birth with confidence, not fear.
- Assisting you to express your fears, hopes and desires about this long-awaited event.
At approximately 36 weeks, your final private consultation (after taking the Childbirth Preparation class) covers:
- Helping you finalize what path you would like to take for the birth of your child.
- We then share this information with our Labor and Delivery staff and your obstetrician.
- When you arrive at the hospital for your delivery, our team will be aware of your wishes and assist you on this journey.
Meet With Our Navigator
Call 201-447-8233 before you reach 20 weeks to set up an appointment with our childbirth navigator.
Valley's Aqua-EezTM hydrotherapy tub allows women to relax during labor and ease the pain of contractions. The hydrotherapy tub is a great option for women who wish to pursue a natural childbirth delivery.
Babies are not delivered in the tub; it is for Mom's relaxation only. The tub is completely drained, cleaned, and sanitized after each patient's use.
Benefits of a Hydrotherapy Tub During Labor
- While in the tub, a woman is accessible on all sides to a nurse, childbirth partner, or other caregiver.
- The water’s buoyancy and tub's spacious size allow a woman to change positions easily.
- Water reduces the strain on a laboring woman's perineal muscles and increases elasticity to aid in delivering the baby.
- Warm baths during labor have been shown to reduce anxiety and pain perception and the use of pain-relieving medications and instrumentation during delivery.
Holistic Techniques for Labor and Delivery
Specially trained nurses at Valley help women labor and deliver their babies within a positive atmosphere.
These holistic techniques help women to be free from anxiety or lengthy confinement in bed:
- Therapeutic touch
- Hydrotherapy tub
- Essential oils
- Other integrative healing therapies
For women who need to have a cesarean section, or C-section, Valley offers a gentle cesarean. We will work with you and your doctor to customize the cesarean experience as much as possible.
With a gentle cesarean:
- You can choose the music being played when your baby is born.
- Valley provides special draping for a mom when the baby is born.
- You can do skin-to-skin in the OR.
- You can choose different lighting.
Valley’s Doula Program offers pregnant mothers continuous emotional and physical support to ease their labor. They work with your birth partner and the rest of the Valley childbirth team.