At Valley, we take pride in ensuring our patients are comfortable and at ease during all stages of care, including diagnostic imaging.
The thought of getting an MRI can be associated with anxiety, claustrophobia, and an overall uncomfortable and stressful experience. With the introduction of the 3T MRI Sentient Suite, Valley is able to perform MRIs that cater to the needs and comforts of all patients, while still providing high-quality imaging for proper diagnoses.
What is a 3T MRI?
The 3T MRI provides outstanding diagnostic image quality due to its stronger and more powerful electromagnetic field than a typical MRI. While the 3T MRI provides extremely higher-quality images, it also performs the imaging at a quick and efficient speed, further minimizing any discomfort or stress for the patient.
An Experience like No Other
The 3T MRI Sentient Suite is not just any MRI — it is an experience. To create a stress-free and comfortable experience, the Sentient Suite has personalized options to make patients feel relaxed and at ease.
- With a tap, patients can enjoy their favorite HD nature video, music or movie, as well as soothing lighting, for the duration of their scan.
- Music, imagery and lighting are all fully personalized to ensure patients are at their highest level of comfort.
- Our nurses can further help to relax patients with the use of essential oils.
- With improved comfort and satisfaction from the calming environment, as well as the more comfortable wide-bore machine, there is decreased need for sedation and repeat imagery and scans.
Why Choose Valley’s Sentient Suite?
- Location: The diagnostic imaging center is located at the Luckow Pavillion, which offers convenient access and parking.
- Wide-bore structure: The design of the machine helps claustrophobic patients feel more at ease and offers enhanced patient comfort.
- Unique experience: The spa-like environment is unique to our area, and helps patients become more relaxed and better able to complete their MRI without any issues.