COVID-19 Vaccine Update: We are now offering walk-in appointments at the Wellness & Walk-In Care Center at the Garden State Plaza for those ages 12 and older who live, work, or go to school in NJ. We are also offering walk-ins at our Paramus Vaccination Center, but appointments are highly encouraged.
Supervised Training Exercise Program DuriNG ChemoTHerapy For Breast Cancer Trial (STRENGTH Trial)
The objective is to examine the effects of a supervised exercise program on cardiorespiratory fitness in breast cancer patients receiving chemotherapy.
The secondary objectives are to; (1) establish the feasibility and safety of the supervised exercise program during chemotherapy for breast cancer, and (2) evaluate the effects of the supervised exercise program during chemotherapy on quality of life (QoL) and symptom burden.
- >=18 years old
- Have been diagnosed with Stage I, II, III or IV breast cancer
- Scheduled to receive chemotherapy. Choice of chemotherapy will be the investigator’s choice.
- Receive medical clearance to participate in the study as determined by their treating oncologist.
- Are able to complete the 6 Minute Walk Test prior to starting the supervised exercise program
- Are able to provide written informed consent and complete questionnaires in English
- Are willing to participate in a 12 week supervised virtual exercise program.