Valley is open, safe and ready to care for you. Call 1-800-VALLEY 1 (1-800-825-5391) to schedule a Safe Visit with a VMG provider.Read More
A 2-Part Phase 2, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study Evaluating the Efficacy and Safety of BIIB059 in Subjects With Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and Active Skin Manifestations and in Subjects With Active Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus With or Without Systemic Manifestations
The primary purpose of the study is to evaluate the efficacy of BIIB059 in reducing disease activity in participants with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) with active cutaneous manifestations and joint involvement (Part A), and in participants with active cutaneous lupus erythematosus (CLE) (Subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus (SCLE) or chronic CLE, including discoid lupus erythematosus (DLE)) with or without systemic manifestations (Part B).
The secondary objective is to evaluate additional efficacy parameters of BIIB059 in reducing SLE/CLE disease activity, pharmacokinetic parameters, safety and tolerability of BIIB059 (Parts A and B).
- Experimental: Part A: BIIB059 450 mg
- Placebo Comparator: Part A: Placebo
- Experimental: Part B: BIIB059 50 mg
- Experimental: Part B: BIIB059 150 mg
- Experimental: Part B: BIIB059 450 mg
- Placebo Comparator: Part B: Placebo
- Diagnosis of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) fulfilling at least 4 out of 11 of the 1997 revised American College of Rheumatology (ACR) classification criteria for SLE along with active skin manifestations and joint involvement.
- At least 4 tender joints and at least 4 swollen joints with at least 4 of the swollen joints in the proximal interphalangeal (PIP) joints, metacarpophalangeal (MCP) joints and/or wrist.
- Demonstrate at least one sign of active lupus skin disease, including acute cutaneous lupus erythematosus (ACLE), subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus (SCLE), and/or chronic cutaneous lupus erythematosus (CCLE) (e.g., discoid lupus erythematosus (DLE)), with skin activity defined by SLE Disease Activity Index 2000 (SLEDAI-2K) at the time of Screening and randomization.