It's time to put your health first. Whether you're seeking emergency care, seeing a doctor, undergoing a procedure, or receiving inpatient care, every safety measure is being followed. Call 1-800-VALLEY 1 (1-800-825-5391) for a Safe Visit with a Valley Medical Group doctor.Read More
Adjuvant Nivolumab in Resected Lung Cancers (ANVIL) - A Randomized Phase III Study of Nivolumab After Surgical Resection and Adjuvant Chemotherapy in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancers
- To evaluate whether adjuvant therapy with nivolumab will result in improved overall survival (OS) and/or disease-free survival (DFS) over standard observation in patients with stage IB >= 4 cm, II and IIIA, non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) following surgical resection and standard adjuvant therapy.
- To evaluate the safety profile of nivolumab when given as an adjuvant therapy.
- To evaluate and compare disease free and overall survival in patients with tumors that express programmed cell death ligand (PD-L)1 in various patterns associated with nivolumab and standard observation.
- To evaluate and compare disease free and overall survival in patients with tumors that have high mutational load associated with nivolumab and standard observation.
- To evaluate OS and DFS by stage.
- To evaluate OS and DFS by each stratification factor.
- To evaluate the OS and DFS rates at 1 year, 2 years, and 5 years.
- Experimental: Arm I (nivolumab)
- No Intervention: Arm II (observation)
- Patients must have undergone complete surgical resection of their stage IB (>= 4 cm), II or IIIA NSCLC according to the American Joint Committee on Cancer (AJCC) 7th edition and have had negative surgical margins
- Baseline chest computed tomography (CT) must be performed within 1 month (30 days) of randomization to ensure no evidence of disease; if clinically indicated, additional imaging studies must be performed to rule out metastatic disease
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status 0-1
- Patients must be registered to the ALCHEMIST-SCREEN (ALLIANCE A151216) trial prior to randomization
- Non-squamous tumors must not be positive for epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) exon 19 deletion or exon 21 L858R mutation and anaplastic lymphoma receptor tyrosine kinase (ALK) rearrangement (results ascertained in centrally as part of ALCHEMIST-SCREEN protocol)
- Tumors must have PD-L1 status tested centrally as part of the ALCHEMIST-SCREEN protocol
- Patients must NOT have uncontrolled intercurrent illness including, but not limited to, serious ongoing or active infection, symptomatic congestive heart failure, unstable angina pectoris, uncontrolled cardiac arrhythmia, or psychiatric illness/social situation that would limit compliance with study requirements
- Patients must not be receiving any other investigational anti-cancer agents while on study
- Patients must not have known or suspected autoimmune disease; subjects with type I diabetes mellitus, hypothyroidism requiring hormone replacement, or skin disorders not requiring systemic treatment are permitted to enroll