Valley wants our patients and community to be on the alert against medical billing scams. Learn how to protect yourself and your personal information from scammers posing as hospital representatives.Read More
If you’re a healthcare provider who needs to arrange transport for your patient to or from The Valley Hospital, Valley’s Specialty Care Transport Unit (SCTU) can help. The SCTU is available for both emergency and non-emergency (scheduled) transports.
Valley’s SCTU offers a full array of patient transport services, including:
- Basic life support transportation to long-term care facilities
- Transportation of patients to and from The Valley Hospital and any of its satellite facilities
- Critical care transportation to and from The Valley Hospital
These transports may include:
- Maintaining and implementing medications ordered by a patient’s physician
- Invasive pressure line monitoring
- Intra-aortic balloon pump care
- Management of ventilator patients
- Transport of high-risk obstetrical patients
The SCTU staff is also trained in mobile integrated healthcare and provides care to patients with congestive heart failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, other chronic diseases or post-TAVR procedures.
Hours of Operation
The SCTU is available Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and on-call from 6 to 10 a.m. and 6 to 10 p.m. On weekends, on-call service is available from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
The SCTU is staffed by Valley employees who are committed to delivering the same high-quality care your patients experience at the hospital and our off-site locations. Our team includes:
- A registered nurse trained in critical care
- A Mobile Intensive Care Unit paramedic
- An emergency medical technician