All Valley locations are open, safe and ready to care for you. Call 1-800-VALLEY 1 (1-800-825-5391) to schedule a Safe Visit with a Valley Medical Group provider.Read More
Echocardiograms are a mainstay tool in detecting and diagnosing heart problems. An echocardiogram, or “echo,” uses ultrasound waves to create a moving image of your heart, which can show doctors how your heart is working. The test is noninvasive and painless.
Valley’s Cardiac Imaging team offers the following echocardiography tests:
- Transthoracic echocardiogram: This test uses ultrasonic waves and a Doppler technique to visually monitor heart chamber and blood movement to diagnose heart disease and other conditions.
- Ultrasound-enhancing agent echocardiography: This is used in select patients to accurately measure wall motion and left ventricular function.
- Myocardial strain imaging: Very useful in detecting subclinical changes in left ventricular function, myocardial strain imaging is routinely used in patients undergoing chemotherapy to monitor their heart function.
- Trans-esophageal echocardiogram (TEE): Used for taking detailed pictures of the heart and major blood vessels to detect heart valve disease, heart tumors, blood clots inside the heart, and aneurysms.
- 3-D echocardiography: 3-D echo is used in select cases to measure the extent of valvular disease, as well as heart structure and function.