Valley wants our patients and community to be on the alert against medical billing scams. Learn how to protect yourself and your personal information from scammers posing as hospital representatives.Read More
A Phase 3 Randomized, Placebo-controlled Trial to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of Pembrolizumab (MK-3475) and Lenvatinib (E7080/MK-7902) Versus Pembrolizumab Alone as First-line Intervention in Participants With Advanced Melanoma (LEAP-003)
The purpose of this study is to assess the safety and efficacy of pembrolizumab (MK-3475) combined with lenvatinib (MK-7902/E7080) compared to pembrolizumab alone (with placebo for lenvatinib) as first-line treatment in adults with no prior systemic therapy for their advanced melanoma.
- Experimental: Pembrolizumab+Lenvatinib
- Active Comparator: Pembrolizumab+Placebo
- Has histologically or cytologically confirmed melanoma
- Has unresectable Stage III or Stage IV melanoma, as per American Joint Committee on Cancer guidelines, not amenable to local therapy
- Has been untreated for advanced or metastatic disease except as follows: a. proto-oncogene B-Raf (BRAF) V600 mutation-positive melanoma may have received standard of care targeted therapy as first-line therapy for advanced or metastatic disease. b. Prior adjuvant or neoadjuvant therapy, with targeted therapy or immunotherapy (such as anti-cytotoxic T-lymphocyte-associated protein 4 [CTLA-4], anti-programmed cell death 1 [anti-PD-1] therapy or Interferon) will only be permitted if relapse did not occur during active treatment or within 6 months of treatment discontinuation.
- Has an Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status 0 to 1
- Has the presence of ≥1 measurable lesion by computed tomography (CT) or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) per RECIST 1.1
- Provides a tumor biopsy. Participants must submit tumor sample during Screening for confirmation of adequacy of tumor tissue at a central pathology laboratory. Participants who do not submit a tumor tissue sample will not be randomized. The tumor biopsy may not be obtained from a lone target lesion. Confirmation of presence of tumor tissue is not required prior to randomization.
- Has resolution of toxic effect(s) of the most recent prior therapy to Grade 1 or less (except alopecia). If participant received major surgery or radiation therapy of >30 Gray (Gy), they must have recovered from the toxicity and/or complications from the intervention.
- Male participants must agree to use contraception during the treatment period and for at least 120 days after the last dose of study treatment and refrain from donating sperm during this period
- Female participants must not be pregnant, not breastfeeding, and ≥1 of the following conditions applies: a. Not a woman of childbearing potential (WOCBP) OR b. A WOCBP who agrees to use study-approved contraception during the treatment period and for at least 120 days after the last dose of study treatment
- Has adequately controlled blood pressure (BP) with or without antihypertensive medications, defined as BP ≤150/90 mmHg at screening and no change in antihypertensive medications within 1 week before Cycle 1 Day 1
- Has adequate organ function