It’s time to put your health first. Whether you’re seeking emergency care, seeing a doctor, undergoing a procedure, or receiving inpatient care, every safety measure will be followed. Call 1-800-825-5391 for a Safe Visit with a Valley doctor.
Valley’s pediatric pulmonology team diagnoses and treats all types of respiratory diseases and disorders in infants, children and adolescents - offering a high level of medical expertise and child-friendly care that puts young patients and their families at ease.
- Bronchitis and bronchiolitis
- Chest pain
- Chronic lung disease of prematurity
- Coughs (recurrent or persistent)
- Cystic fibrosis
- Exercise-related breathing difficulties
- “Floppy airways” (laryngomalacia, tracheomalacia, bronchomalacia)
- Noisy breathing
- Pectus excavatum or carinatum
- Pneumonia (bacterial and viral)
- Recurrent pulmonary distress
- Respiratory problems associated with gastroesophageal reflux
- Sinus infections or sinusitis
- Wheezing (recurrent or persistent)
- Other related breathing difficulties
Pediatric Pulmonology Services
- Spirometry and other pulmonary function tests
- Exercise testing
- Allergy and other laboratory tests
- Individualized treatment plans that may include inhaled medications, asthma action plans, patient and family education, and antibiotics or other appropriate medications
- Patient and parent education
- Follow-up care as needed
Pediatric Pulmonology Team
Valley’s pediatric pulmonology services are led by Steven Kanengiser, MD, director of pediatric pulmonology in the Department of Pediatrics at The Valley Hospital. A longtime member of Valley’s medical staff, Dr. Kanengiser is widely known for his medical expertise and personalized commitment to his young patients and his families, and he is regularly cited by his medical peers as one of the best northern New Jersey doctors in his field. He works closely with patients’ primary care providers, school nurses and other healthcare providers to ensure patients receive the care that’s best for them.
Pam Gaffney, CRT/CPFT/AE-C, is a respiratory therapist and certified asthma educator. Pam administers pulmonary tests at the office and educates patients and their families.