All Valley locations are open, safe and ready to care for you. Call 1-800-VALLEY 1 (1-800-825-5391) to schedule a Safe Visit with a Valley Medical Group provider.Read More
The Valley Hospital Fertility Center coordinates egg donor (or, oocyte donor) services as an option for patients who wish to become pregnant.
Our nurse coordinator can assist you in identifying a donor either through a commercial agency or by using a donor you already know.
Benefits of Donor Eggs
- Donor eggs or oocytes allow women who don’t have functioning ovaries to experience pregnancy and childbirth.
- Egg donation is a good option for women who may be at risk of passing on a genetic condition.
Donor Egg Process at Valley
- Fresh or frozen ovum donors: You can choose between fresh or frozen oocyte, or egg, donors. Our team walks you through the pros and cons of all your options so you can make an informed decision about what is best for you.
- Donor screening: All donors must undergo an extensive screening process. This includes a review of the donor’s:
- Medical and family history
- Genetic screening
- Infectious diseases screening
- Psychological testing
- Ovarian function testing
- Addressing your questions: Our nurse coordinator will walk you through the process and answer any questions you have.
- Meeting with billing coordinators: You will have the opportunity to meet with one of our billing coordinators to discuss all the costs involved with your cycle.
Why Choose Valley for Donor Egg Services?
- Expertise navigating third-party reproduction: Our team can provide you with third-party agency referrals to help you choose your donor eggs, both fresh or frozen.
- Third-party nurse coordinator: Our dedicated third-party reproduction nurse coordinator can help you understand all your treatment options and support you through the day-to-day emotional concerns that can arise.
- Careful third-party screening and selection: Your third-party nurse coordinator and a psychologist will assist you with the donor selection and screening process. Potential third-party donors undergo a thorough screening process at Valley, including medical and family history, psychological testing and more.
- Wide selection of donors: We work with numerous egg donors and agencies, so you can be assured that you have variety in your choice of donors.