The first step in learning how to finance your fertility care is to determine your insurance benefits. Insurance coverage varies widely from person to person, employer to employer and plan to plan. Prior to your first consultation, we strongly encourage you to read your insurance policy, or speak with your employer’s Benefits Department, to verify your infertility benefits.
In New Jersey, many people may have access to coverage via the NJ Family Building Act passed by NJ State Legislature in 2001. Click here for more information.
Insurance Participation List
Insurance plans which our physicians and The Valley Hospital participate in are:
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
- Out-of-State Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
- Qualcare (Dr. Greenseid)
- United HealthCare*
*Center of Excellence designation
If you don't see your insurance listed, please call our billing specialists at 201-634-5511, 201-634-5513 or 201-634-5520. They will be more than happy to answer your questions and help you navigate insurance issues.
Please note, Medicare/Medicaid plans do not cover infertility services.
The Valley Hospital Fertility Center is an outpatient hospital facility.
Tax ID 22-1487407 for The Valley Hospital
Tax ID 32-0041186 for Drs. Chen, Nasseri and Greenseid
Questions to Ask
Here are some questions to ask when exploring your medical benefits:
- How does the insurer define infertility?
- Do any procedures require pre-authorization?
- What are the policy’s limits in terms of number of treatment cycles, procedures, time seeking treatment, embryo transfers, patient’s age, etc.
- Is there a maximum dollar limit? Is it an annual or lifetime limit?
- What are the co-payments and deductibles for outpatient hospital services?
- What procedures are excluded from coverage?
- What are the drug benefits? (Having health insurance does not guarantee that fertility medications are covered, even if you have prescription coverage.)