Thank you for your interest in the Junior Volunteer program at The Valley Hospital!
Applications for Summer 2015 are now being accepted. The Spring 2015 application period is closed. The deadline to apply for Summer 2015 is May 30th. Due to the overwhelming amount of interest in our volunteer programs, we are unable to guarantee placement to every applicant.
To apply, students must:
- Have already started high school (September or later)
- Be at least 14 years of age
We do not review applications unless both of these requirements are met.
Junior volunteers are a vital part of our volunteer team and some of our most enthusiastic members. They perform clerical tasks, deliver flowers and newspapers, serve customers in Kurth Cafe, transport patients, and run errands. They help out at community events, such as disaster drills and health fairs for the public. They are the adult volunteers of tomorrow and the dedicated youth of today!
How to Apply:
Download the Junior Volunteer Application here. Once downloaded, please print and fill out the full packet. Fax or mail to:
Volunteer Department, ATTN: Katie Maraventano
The Valley Hospital
223 N. Van Dien Avenue
Ridgewood, NJ 07450
If you have any questions, please email Katie Maraventano, Supervisor of Junior Volunteers and Community Projects, with any questions at email@example.com.
Once received and your application is reviewed, you will receive an email regarding an orientation. If you do not hear from us immediately, we do not have an assignment that matches your availability, interest, and skill set at this time, but will continue to keep your application on file for consideration as new positions become available.
Assignments are based on individual interests, skills, and the needs of The Valley Hospital and Valley Home Care. Morning, afternoon, evening, and weekend positions are available.
Things You Need to Know:
Minimal requirements of all volunteers include:
- Ability to understand and communicate clearly.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to give and follow direction.
- Ability to satisfactorily meet the requirements of the position.
- Ability to participate in annual TB screenings/education and complete post-tests.
- Ability to respond promptly and appropriately to customer requests.
- Ability to respond effectively in an emergency and offer assistance as necessary.
- Ability to project a positive outlook and willingness to help as needed.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to commit for at least six months of service.
Before starting an assignment, you will need to be oriented to the hospital policies and procedures, fulfill mandatory health requirements, and complete a self-learning education module.