It’s time to put your health first. Whether you’re seeking emergency care, seeing a doctor, undergoing a procedure, or receiving inpatient care, every safety measure is being followed. Call 1-800-825-5391 for a Safe Visit with a Valley doctor.Read More
For early detection of skin cancer, Valley offers MoleSafe, the world’s most advanced melanoma detection and surveillance program.
Melanoma Detection and Surveillance
MoleSafe’s program uses advanced melanoma detection and diagnosis tools and technology. MoleSafe is part of a life-long program for the early detection of melanoma.
Key elements include:
- Risk assessment: Using its database, MoleSafe has developed a risk assessment model that can help identify patients who may be at higher risk of melanoma.
- Total-body photography: The use of total-body photography creates a baseline of the patient’s skin. This helps the MoleSafe specialists to identify both new and changing lesions that might indicate melanoma skin cancer.
- Serial digital dermoscopy: Individual moles are imaged using dermoscopy, a technique that combines high magnification and high light intensity. Dermoscopy allows doctors to see below the skin surface, providing them with more information than the naked eye to determine if skin lesions are benign or malignant. Moles are tagged to their location on the body for subsequent diagnosis, identification and comparison over time.
- Diagnosis and management: The patient’s complete skin record, including digital images and clinical information, is sent via a secure network to MoleSafe’s panel of world-class melanoma dermatologists for analysis and reporting. Patients and their designated doctors receive their digital skin record (referred to as a “melanogram”).
- Education and follow-up: The MoleSafe melanographer educates patients about the risks of sun exposure. The melanographer also helps maintain a continuing partnership between MoleSafe, you and your doctor.
MoleSafe Program Costs
- The program’s cost varies depending on which procedure you have.
- When you call, a customer service representative will talk you through the options.
- The customer service representative can also explain what insurance options may be available to you.