It’s time to put your health first. Whether you’re seeking emergency care, seeing a doctor, undergoing a procedure, or receiving inpatient care, every safety measure will be followed. Call 1-800-825-5391 for a Safe Visit with a Valley doctor.Read More
Valley has always been committed to providing a safe, reassuring healthcare experience for patients, guests and staff. In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, Valley is reimagining that experience with an even greater focus on safety and cleanliness.
Services across Valley Health System are open to provide ongoing care for our community. Whether you see your providers in their office, at our hospital, in your home, or virtually through our telehealth services, rest assured that you’re receiving safe, high-quality care.
Cleaning Practices Across Valley Health System
All Valley facilities, medical practices and office buildings are following stringent cleaning and disinfecting practices, including:
- Cleaning exam rooms with bleach after patient care.
- Deep cleaning patient rooms following a patient’s discharge, which includes the use of the Victory Electrostatic Sprayer.
- The Victory Electrostatic Sprayer uses electrical charges to efficiently and evenly distribute disinfectant across the surfaces of a given space.
- This innovative technology is also used to regularly deep clean other areas in the hospital, such as common areas and procedure rooms.
- Frequently disinfecting high-touch surfaces like doorknobs, countertops, phones, keyboards, faucets and more.
- Scheduling professional cleaning services for all Valley Medical Group practice locations.
- Deep-cleaning VMG walk-in care practices.
Daily Safety Practices
Across Valley Health System
- All patients and guests are asked to wear face masks or face coverings.
- All patients who stay in our hospital are tested for COVID-19 prior to their arrival.
- Patients and guests who come to any of our care locations will have their temperature checked and be screened for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Staff in all departments and buildings wear masks and other personal protective equipment (PPE) as appropriate.
- Staff, patients and guests are advised to practice social distancing, hand washing and other safety precautions.
- Staff continue to follow strict adherence to infection control guidelines, including deep cleaning and disinfecting of all areas.
- We continue to maintain an adequate supply of PPE, ventilators and other supplies.
The Valley Hospital
- Visitation restrictions remain in place.
- All patients will be given and asked to wear masks.
- All patients will have their temperature taken.
- Inpatients diagnosed with COVID-19 will be separated from other patients.
- All inpatients are tested for COVID-19 prior to their arrival.
- When possible, patients who come into the Emergency Department will immediately be placed in an available bed without being triaged, to limit contact with other patients.
- Testing enhancements, including expanded capacity and a faster turnaround of test results, are underway.
- Hospital employees undergo temperature monitoring and symptom screening at the start of their shifts.
Valley Medical Group
VMG’s Safe Visit protocol is in place at all of our practices:
- All offices have been reconfigured to meet social distancing guidelines and ensure patients can remain at least 6 feet from each other.
- Scheduled appointments are staggered to limit patient arrivals and departures.
- Patients are asked to come to appointments unaccompanied whenever possible.
- Patients can complete an online check-in process with the ability to communicate by text from their cars, so there’s no time spent in the waiting room before being escorted into the exam room.
VMG also offers telehealth visits with primary care and specialty providers, as well as Valley Care Now for urgent care visits.
- All telehealth services are HIPAA compliant to protect your privacy.
Valley Home Care
- All staff wear masks, gloves and appropriate PPE when entering a patient’s home.
- Staff frequently clean and disinfect all equipment used in patient care.