It’s time to put your health first. Whether you’re seeking emergency care, seeing a doctor, undergoing a procedure, or receiving inpatient care, every safety measure will be followed. Call 1-800-825-5391 for a Safe Visit with a Valley doctor.Read More
IBD Peer Support Group Update
As we continue to monitor the impact of COVID-19, and as a measure of precaution and prevention from potential exposures, IBD Peer Support Group meetings are being canceled until further notice. Thank you for your understanding and support.
For Teens and Pre-Teens with Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Valley’s IBD Peer Support Group is for teens and pre-teens who have inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), including Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. Monthly sessions are led by a licensed professional counselor and registered nurse, as well as other staff.
Support Group Benefits
By joining a peer support group, patients become part of a system where they can give and receive help from others who are dealing with the same conditions. Group participants can:
- Connect and bond with others who relate to them
- Exchange tips on how to deal with symptoms and flare-ups
- Express their feelings in a safe place around others who understand them
- Boost their self-confidence in handling their condition
- Share and receive words of encouragement