Valley is open, safe and ready to care for you. Call 1-800-VALLEY 1 (1-800-825-5391) to schedule a Safe Visit with a VMG provider.Read More
Valley's Outpatient Transitional Care Program for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) helps patients effectively manage their COPD and improve their overall quality of life. Our goal is to keep our patients feeling well and prevent avoidable hospital admissions.
By coordinating among patients, their families and their doctors, our nurses and other staff can help patients manage their symptoms and/or improve other conditions related to COPD.
How the COPD Program Works
Appointments are scheduled depending on the patient's symptoms and condition. Urgent visits are available for patients who develop sudden or worsening symptoms.
At each visit, the patient can expect:
- Full review of past medical history
- Review of home medications by a registered pharmacist
- Blood pressure, heart rate, oxygen saturation and weight monitoring
- Routine blood work, if needed
- Clinical assessment and physical exam by an Advance Practice Nurse
- Education on COPD, proper inhaler use and breathing techniques
- Access to case managers, social workers, case management, respiratory therapist or other specialists as needed