VMG - Walk-In Care, Oakland
14 Post Road
(ShopRite of Oakland)
Oakland, NJ 07436
Mon - Fri 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Sat - 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Sun - 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Holidays (New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day): 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Services at this Location
Convenient Walk-In Care
Valley Medical Group Oakland is a walk-in clinic located in the ShopRite of Oakland. Staffed by a nurse practitioner, this service provides treatment for sore throats, earaches, sinus infections, flu, urinary tract infections and more, and offers annual flu shots and sports physicals; all without an appointment. The clinic is open 7 days a week, with convenient extended hours; walk-ins welcome.
Services and Pricing
We accept major credit cards and checks as forms of payment.
Please note that if you will be using your health insurance, we recommend that you contact your insurance carrier before your visit to be sure that the service you’re seeking is covered.
Charges vary based on the number of symptoms or conditions the patient has and whether or not we provide more than one service.
On-site lab tests and additional services may result in additional charges. On-site lab tests cannot be purchased separately and are only performed as part of a standard visit.
- Allergy symptoms
- Bronchitis and coughs
- Earaches and ear infections, removal of ear wax
- Mononucleosis (mono)
- Pink eye and styes
- Sore and strep throat
- Upper respiratory infections
- Urinary tract and bladder infections
- Bug bites and stings
- Minor burns
- Minor cuts, blisters and wounds
- Evaluation of minor sprains and strains
- Tick bites
- Athlete’s foot and other fungal infections
- Cold, canker and mouth sores
- Poison ivy, poison oak and other rashes
- Wart evaluation
- TB testing
- TB test
- Hepatitis B
- Camp physicals
- College physicals/school physicals
- Sports physicals
What to Know About Your Visit
Patients with any of the following will be directed to another healthcare setting:
- Temperature ≥ 104⁰F for children
- Temperature ≥ 103⁰F for adults
- Severe vomiting
X-rays are not available at our clinic. Patients requiring X-rays will be directed to another healthcare provider.
Our practitioners do not provide care for:
- Broken bones
- Injuries requiring sutures or X-rays
- Injuries involving the eye, face or groin
- Puncture wounds
- Animal bites
- Back injuries
- Injuries from motor vehicle accidents
- Workers Compensation injuries or evaluations
- Chronic conditions
Some other conditions/requests may be best handled by your primary care provider or other type of facility. Our nurse practitioner will refer to these when appropriate.
For more information, call 201-651-9635.