MD, St. George's University, 2006
MPH, St. Georges University, 2005
BS, Roanoke College, 2000
Advanced Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplantation, New York Beth Israel Medical Center, 2009-2010
Cardiovascular Disease, New York Beth Israel Medical Center, 2010-2013
Interventional Cardiology, New York Beth Israel Medical Center, 2013-2014
- Internship & Residency
Internal Medicine, St Michael's Medical Center, Seton Hall University School of Health Sciences, 2007-2009
- Board Certifications
American Board of Internal Medicine - Certified 2009
American Society of Nuclear Cardiology - Certified 2013
Subspecialty Board of Interventional Cardiology - Certified 2014
Subspecialty Board of Cardiovascular Disease - Certified 2015
Get to Know Me
What are some of the specific conditions you treat?
Coronary artery disease, complex coronary intervention including revascularization of chronic total occlusions. Transcatheter repair of adult congenital structural and valvular heart disease including percutaneous treatment of patent foramen ovale, atrial septal defects, transcatheter aortic and mitral valve repair. Intervention for acute pulmonary embolism, mechanical circulatory support, cardiogenic shock, large bore alternative access and the endovascular treatment of peripheral vascular disease.
Describe some of your professional highlights.
I am an Assistant Professor of Medicine at New York Medical College. Prior to joining TVH, I served as a member of the Robert Wood Johnson Barnabas Health Structural Heart Integrated Leadership Group. I am involved as a Principal Investigator in several ongoing national research trials, have authored a number of book chapters, peer reviewed publications and am considered an international authority on alternative vascular access. I have been an active Physician proctor in Complex coronary intervention using mechanical circulatory support and transcatheter heart valve replacement since 2017. I was named a Future Leader of TAVR in 2014, Young Leader in Interventional Cardiology in 2018, and Master Faculty for the Coronary Artery and Myocardial Protected PCI Initiative in 2020.
What would you like patients to know about your approach to care?
I am an internationally recognized leader in the field of Interventional Cardiology. I offer a broad array of services geared to address even the most complex cardiovascular illnesses in a personalized and attentive manner. My mission is to provide patients with personalized, high quality and comprehensive care. I am dedicated to improving and maintaining a patients quality of life not only through preventative care, but by being able to offer cutting edge Cardiovascular care with the latest advances in equipment, devices, and options to participate in a number of National clinical trials.
Publications & Research
- Lichaa, H., Tayal, R., & Wollmuth, J. (2021, July). Dry field closure of large-bore access with iliac artery angioplasty through the ipsilateral sheath: The single-access dry-closure technique. Journal of Invasive Cardiology. 33(7): 1-6.
- Cohen, M., Kurpad, K., Mehta H., Sohal, S., Tayal, R., Visveswaran, G., Wasty, N., & Waxman, S. (2021). Outcomes of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation with or without left ventricular unloading devices in patients with non-myocardial infarction cardiogenic shock. European Heart Journal, 42(1).
- Chung, C., Dahle, T. G., Kaneko, T., McCabe, J. M., & Tayal, R. (2021). Percutaneous versus surgical transaxillary access for transcatheter aortic valve replacement: a propensity-matched analysis of the US experience. EuroIntervention : journal of EuroPCR in collaboration with the Working Group on Interventional Cardiology of the European Society of Cardiology. Advance online publication.
- Chen, C., Dhaduk, N., Hirji, S., Lee, L. Y., Okoh, A. K., Russo, M. J., Siddiqui, E., Soto, C., & Tayal, R. (2021, June). Trends in early discharge and associated costs after transcatheter aortic valve replacement: A national perspective. Innovations (Philadelphia, Pa.). Advance online publication.
- Garg, A., Tayal, R. (2021). Intravascular Lithotripsy (IVL): The New Alternative to Alternative Access. In A Shroff & D Pinto (Eds.). Vascular Access, Management, and Closure Best Practices (pp. 118-123). Washington, DC: The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI).
- Heaton J.N., Okoh A.K., Ozturk E., Salemi A., Suh S., Tayal R., & Waxman S. (2021, June). Safety and efficacy of the amplatzer septal occluder: A systematic review and metaanalysis. Cardiovascular revascularization medicine: including molecular interventions.
Valley Medical Group providers accept the following plans.
Patient Ratings & Comments
Comments are gathered from our patient satisfaction surveys.