The Valley Hospital
223 North Van Dien Avenue
Radiology Administration, Cheel 2
Ridgewood, NJ 07450
NA, The Air Force School, 1987 - 1989
RA, Albert Einstein College Of Medicine, 1996 - 1997
MBBS, Maulana Azad Medical College, India, 1989 - 1995
University Of Alabama At Birmingham, Cardiovascular Diseases, 2000 - 2004
- Internship & Residency
Wayne State University School Of Medicine Hospital, Internal Medicine, 1997 - 2000
- Board Certifications
American Board Of Internal Medicine - Certified, 2004
Board Of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography - Certified, 2006
National Board Of Echocardiography - Certified, 2016
Get to Know Me
What techniques or procedures do you use in your practice?
The Valley Hospital is a leader in the use of novel noninvasive approaches for diagnosing cardiac disorders including FFR-CT for coronary artery disease, comprehensive coronary phenotyping using AI algorithms, myocardial mapping using cardiac MRI, and hemodynamic echo lab for valvular and structural heart disease.
I am also trained in all aspects of cardiovascular imaging including cardiovascular CT, cardiovascular MRI, echocardiography, nuclear cardiology, and stress testing.
Describe some of your professional highlights.
I am an internationally recognized expert in advanced cardiovascular imaging. I have conducted research on coronary artery disease, atherosclerosis, valvular heart disease, diastolic function, right ventricular function, pulmonary hypertension, heart failure, COVID-19, and inflammation.
What would you like patients to know about your approach to care?
With a deep understanding of the latest clinical literature and evidence, I take pride in personalizing diagnostic and treatment approaches based on a holistic view of patient care. My unique combination of clinical, diagnostic, basic research, and cutting-edge technologies enables me to address even the most challenging clinical cases. I am passionate about promoting new paradigms for clinical diagnostics and care through innovation and collaborating with a wide range of researchers and clinicians at the intersection of medicine and technology, giving mea unique perspective on patient care.
Publications & Research
Gamble, F. N., Aufan, M. R., Sharifov, O. F., Williams, L. J., Reighard, S., Calhoun, D. A., Gupta, H., Dell'Italia, L. J., Denney, T. S., Jr, & Lloyd, S. G. (2022). Diastolic function: Modeling left ventricular untwisting as a damped harmonic oscillator. Physiological Measurement, 43(2), 10.1088/1361-6579/ac4e6e.
- Aryal, S. R., Calhoun, D. A., Coffin, M. D., Dell'Italia, L. J., Denney, T. S., Jr, Gaddam, K. K., Gupta, H., Lloyd, S. G., Sharifov, O. F., Siddiqui, M., Oparil, S., & Zhang, B. (2021). Spironolactone reduces aortic stiffness in patients with resistant hypertension independent of blood pressure change. Journal of the American Heart Association, 10(17).
- Al-Mubarak, M., Evanochko, W. T., Gupta, H., Lloyd, S. G., Nath, H., Prejean, S. P., Redden, D., & Singh, S. P. (2021). An updated comparison of conventional coronary angiography with cardiac magnetic resonance imaging to diagnose the origin and proximal course of anomalous coronary arteries. The Journal of invasive cardiology, 33(9), E687–E693.
- Aeron S., Agrawal A., Gupta A., & Gupta H. (2021, July). Trends in COVID-19 publications: Streamlining research using NLP and LDA. Frontiers in Digital Health. 1-24.
- Gupta H., Hoffman D.H., Joon Hong S., & Laidlaw M.S. (2021, May). Impact of Epicardial Fat on Clinical Outcomes in COVID-19. Presented at the 70th annual Scientific Sessions of the American College of Cardiology, Atlanta, GA.
- Sharifov OF, Murphy JM, Perry GJ, Tallaj J, Denney Jr. TS, Prabhu SD, Gupta H, Lloyd SG (2020). Echocardiographic diagnosis of left ventricular diastolic dysfunction: Impact of coronary artery disease. Echocardiography. 38(2): 197-206.
Valley Medical Group providers accept the following plans.