RA, Mount Sinai Medical Center, Clinical Research, 2009 - 2010
MD, St. Matthews University School Of Medicine, 2006 - 2009
BA Biology, Binghamton University, 2001 - 2005
- Internship & Residency
Allegheny General Hospital, General Surgery, 2010 - 2013
Excela Health Latrobe Area Hospital, Family Medicine, 2014 - 2017
- Board Certifications
American Board Of Family Medicine - Certified, 2017
Awards & Accolades
- Resident Teacher of the Year, 2017
- Ann Underwood Award recipient for Idealism in Family Medicine, 2017
Publications & Research
- Croshaw R, Shapiro-Wright H, Svensson E, Erb K, Julian T. Accuracy of Clinical Exam,Digital Mammogram, Ultrasound, and MRI in Determining Post-Neoadjuvant Pathologic Tumor Response in Operable Breast Cancer Patients. Annals of Surgical Oncology. 2011 Oct; 18(11): 3160-3163. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 21947594.
- Kurtz MP, Svensson E, Heimann TM. Use of Platelet-Derived Growth Factor for Delayed Perineal Wound Healing in Patients with Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Ostomy and Wound Management. 2011 Apr; 57(4): 24-31. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 21512190
- Svensson E, Culig MH, Keenan R, Song T, Biederman R. Left Ventricular Aneurysm with Herniation through the Chest Wall. Annals of Thoracic Surgery. 2012 Sep; 94(3): e63-64. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 22916781.
- Svensson E, Heimann TM. Unusual Case of an “Upset” Stomach. Gastroenterology. 2011 Jul; 141(1): e8-9. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 21640109.
- Svensson E, Newell P, Heimann TM. Endoscopy and surgery for appendiceal adenoma.Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology. 2010 Apr; 8(4): e39. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 19932764.
- Rapid Outpatient Transition of VTE: Utilizing a Multidiscipline Approach Incorporating Rivoraxaban. Paul Ament PharmD, Erik Svensson MD, Walt McGuire RPh, Andrew King MD, Michael Semelka DO. Poster presented at FMEC Conference, Pittsburgh, PA
- FMEC Seminar; A Look at Family Medicine Through the Lens of History. Oral Presentation presented at: FMEC Conference, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Svensson, E., Culig M./ Presenter: Svensson, E. Left Ventricular Apical Septal Aneurysm with Herniation of the Apex of the Heart Through a Chest Wall Defect. Oral Presentation presented at: The American College of Surgeons, Southwestern Pennsylvania Chapter- Most Interesting Case Competition; Pittsburgh, PA.
- Svensson, E: Pulmonary Embolism Following Severe Traumatic Brain Injury: A Closer Look at the Efficacy of Pharmacologic Prophylaxis. Oral Presentation presented at: Pennsylvania Committee on Trauma; Harrisburg, PA.
Valley Medical Group providers accept the following plans.