COVID-19 UPDATES: 1) Yesterday (4/9), Valley's Healthcare Heroes wished 28 recovered COVID-19 patients well as they returned home. We wish them the very best, and thank our staff for their tremendous efforts. 2) Recovered COVID-19 patients needed for Valley/Mount Sinai serum collection. 3) Valley urgently needs key medical supplies.Read More
A Randomised, Double-blind, Parallel Group, Placebo-Controlled Multi-Centre Phase III Study to Assess the Efficacy and Safety of Olaparib Versus Placebo as Adjuvant Treatment in Patients With gBRCA1/2 Mutations and High Risk HER2 Negative Primary Breast Cancer Who Have Completed Definitive Local Treatment and Neoadjuvant or Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Experimental: Olaparib
- Placebo Comparator: Placebo
- Histologically confirmed non-metastatic primary invasive adenocarcinoma of the breast that is one of the following phenotypes:
- Triple negative breast cancer defined as: ER and PgR negative AND HER2 negative (not eligible for anti-HER2 therapy)
- ER and/or PgR positive, HER2 negative
- Documented germline mutation in BRCA1 or BRCA2 that is predicted to be deleterious or suspected deleterious (known or predicted to be detrimental/lead to loss of function).
- Completed adequate breast and axilla surgery.
- Completed at least 6 cycles neoadjuvant or adjuvant chemotherapy containing anthracyclines, taxanes or the combination of both. Prior platinum as potentially curative treatment for prior cancer (e.g. ovarian) or as adjuvant or neoadjuvant treatment for breast cancer is allowed.
- ECOG 0-1.