COVID-19 Vaccine Update: We are now offering walk-in appointments at the Wellness & Walk-In Care Center at the Garden State Plaza for those ages 12 and older who live, work, or go to school in NJ. We are also offering walk-ins at our Paramus Vaccination Center, but appointments are highly encouraged.
A Phase III Randomized Study to Investigate the Efficacy and Safety of Atezolizumab (Anti-PD-L1 Antibody) in Combination with Neoadjuvant Anthracycline/Taxane-Based Chemotherapy Compared with Placebo and Chemotherapy in Patients with Primary Invasive Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
This study will evaluate the efficacy and safety of neoadjuvant treatment with atezolizumab (anti-programmed death-ligand 1 [anti-PD-L1] antibody) and nab-paclitaxel followed by doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide (nab-pac-AC), or placebo and nab-pac−AC, in participants eligible for surgery with initial clinically assessed triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC).
- Experimental: Atezolizumab and Chemotherapy
- Placebo Comparator: Placebo and Chemotherapy
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status of 0 or 1
- Histologically documented TNBC (negative human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 [HER2], estrogen receptor [ER], and progesterone receptor [PgR] status)
- Confirmed tumor programmed death−ligand 1 (PD-L1) evaluation as documented through central testing of a representative tumor tissue specimen
- Primary breast tumor size of greater than (>) 2 centimeters (cm) by at least one radiographic or clinical measurement
- Stage at presentation: cT2-cT4, cN0-cN3, cM0
- Participant agreement to undergo appropriate surgical management including axillary lymph node surgery and partial or total mastectomy after completion of neoadjuvant treatment
- Baseline left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF) greater than or equal to (>=) 53 percent (%) measured by echocardiogram (ECHO) or multiple-gated acquisition (MUGA) scans
- Adequate hematologic and end-organ function
- Representative formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tumor specimen in paraffin blocks (preferred) or at least 20 unstained slides, with an associated pathology report documenting ER, PgR, and HER2 negativity