Valley is open, safe and ready to care for you. Call 1-800-VALLEY 1 (1-800-825-5391) to schedule a Safe Visit with a VMG provider.Read More
Phase III Comparison of Thoracic Radiotherapy Regimens in Patients With Limited Small Cell Lung Cancer Also Receiving Cisplatin and Etoposide
To determine whether administering high dose thoracic radiotherapy, 70 Gy (2 Gy once-daily over 7 weeks) or 61.2 Gy (1.8 Gy once-daily for 16 days followed by 1.8 Gy twice-daily for 9 days), will improve median and 2-year survival compared with 45 Gy (1.5 Gy twice-daily over 3 weeks) in patients with limited stage small cell lung cancer.
- Active Comparator: Arm A - Standard Radiotherapy + Chemotherapy
- Experimental: Arm B - High Dose Radiotherapy + Chemotherapy
- Histologically or cytologically documented small cell lung cancer (SCLC)
- Limited-stage disease patients with disease restricted to one hemithorax with regional lymph node metastases, including ipsilateral hilar, ipsilateral and contralateral mediastinal, and ipsilateral supraclavicular lymph nodes
- Measurable disease - Patients must have measurable disease, which includes lesions that can be accurately measured in at least one dimension (longest diameter to be recorded) as ≥ 2 cm with conventional techniques OR ≥ 1 cm by spiral CT scan