The Valley Hospital participates in the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) Resident Matching Program. Visit www.ASHP.org for more information. The Valley Hospital PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency Program has (2) positions available and the PGY-1 Community-Based Residency Program has (1) position available for 2018-2019.
Deadline: January 8, 2018
Online application: Submit all applications through PhORCAS.
All PhORCAS applications must include the following:
- Personal Statement
- Pharmacy School Transcript (sent directly from your school to PhORCAS)
- 3 Letters of Reference (PhORCAS form acceptable)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Please complete The Valley Hospital Applicant Questionnaire and upload to PhORCAS.
Requirements for Acceptance
- Eligibility for licensure in New Jersey
- PharmD degree from an ACPE-accredited school
- Online application package completed by the deadline
The Valley Hospital requires all PGY-1 Pharmacy Residents to be licensed by the State of New Jersey, which includes successfully passing the NAPLEX and NJ Law exam, OR reciprocation of pharmacy license via the New Jersey Board of Pharmacy. Residents are expected to seek licensure at the earliest testing opportunity with anticipated licensure by July 31.
Carlo Lupano, RP, MBA
PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Director
The Valley Hospital
223 North Van Dien Avenue
Ridgewood, NJ 07450
Terri Marxen, BS, PharmD, CACP
American Society of Health System Pharmacists
National Association of Boards of Pharmacy
New Jersey Board of Pharmacy