The Valley Health Hospital PGY1 Pharmacy Residency programs are designed to develop the skills and confidence required for providing contemporary pharmaceutical care in a diverse population of patients. As a large non-teaching community hospital with three community based pharmacies, The Valley Hospital affords unique opportunities for the resident to work collaboratively with a variety of healthcare professionals, in both the acute care and ambulatory arena, to solve complex medication-related issues presented in healthcare today. The Valley Hospital currently offers 3 total positions, 2 positions in the traditional PGY1 Pharmacy Residency and 1 position in the PGY1 Community Based Residency.
Pharmacy Residency Program Summary
The Valley Hospital residency programs are designed around the ASHP program requirements. We are proud to have been involved in pharmacy residency training for over 45 years. Our graduating residents are well-prepared to pursue specialty residencies, advanced patient care positions, and clinical faculty positions.
Duration: 12 months
Estimated Stipend: $59,000++
Starting date: July 1
Application deadline: January 8
Number of positions:
- PGY1 Pharmacy Residency: Two (2)
- PGY1 Pharmacy Community Residency: One (1)
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off: 18 days (includes holiday, vacation, sick, personal)
- Travel/ CE allowance: Paid travel expenses and time off granted for ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting, Eastern States Residency Conference