Kenneth Levin, M.D, Medical Director, The Valley Hospital Stroke Center
Kenneth A. Levin, M.D., Medical Director
As Medical Director of The Valley Hospital Stroke Center, Dr. Levin oversees all clinical services, educational programs, and research studies. A board-certified neurologist, Dr. Levin has participated in several major clinical trials to test new medications and devices to treat stroke, curb its severity, or prevent its recurrence.
A graduate of the Indiana University School of Medicine, Dr. Levin completed an internship at St. Vincent Hospital and Health Care Center in Indianapolis and a neurology residency at Indiana University Medical Center. He joined The Valley Hospital in 1986 and is in private practice at the Neurology Group of Bergen County in Ridgewood.
Dr. Levin’s distinctions include:
Dr. Levin has been published many times, including, most recently:
- Recipient of the American Heart Association’s Researcher of the Year Award
- Stroke Advisory Panel Group Member, State of New Jersey, Department of Health & Senior Services, February 2008 to Present
- Appointed to the Governor’s Department of Health & Senior Services Core Clinical Advisory Group for Treatment of Acute Stroke
- Examiner for the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- On-site reviewer for Pain Program Accreditation – American Academy of Pain Management
- Course Director of "Implementing Clinical Trials in Neurology Practice", May 2001, American Academy of Neurology, Philadelphia
- Heritage Stroke Task Force Chair for American Stroke Association, a division of the American Heart Association
- Effectiveness and Safety of Transcranial Laser Therapy for Acute Ischemic Stroke, Stroke, April 2009.
- Telmisartan to Prevent Recurrent Stroke and Cardiovascular Deaths, The New England Journal of Medicine, August 27, 2008: Vol. 259, pages 1-13.
- Aspirin and Extended-Release Dipyridamole versus Clopidogrel for Recurrent Stroke, The New England Journal of Medicine, August 27, 2008: Vol. 359; pages 1-14.
- NXY-059 for the Treatment of Acute Ischemic Stroke, The New England Journal of Medicine, August 9, 2007: Vol. 357: 562-71
- Sumatriptan-Naproxen for Acute Treatment of Migraine: A Randomized Trail, JAMA, April 4, 2007: Vol. 297, No. 13, pages 1443-1454.
His professional memberships include: American Medical Association, American Academy of Neurology, Diplomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners, Peripheral Neuropathy Institute, Bergen County Medical Society, Medical Society of New Jersey, National Headache Foundation, American Association of Electromyography and Electrodiagnosis, American Heart Association Stroke Council, American Academy of Pain Management, Movement Disorder Society, National Stroke Association, and Neurocritical Care Society.