Pastoral Care and Religious Support Services
Our Pastoral Care department provides spiritual and emotional support to help patients and families of all faiths – and those not identifying with any specific belief system – find meaning, courage and hope.
The Dorothy Marron Chapel, on the first floor of the Bergen building, is always open for prayer, meditation, or quiet reflection. Roman Catholic Mass is celebrated in the chapel at 11am daily and 2pm on Sundays. A wide selection or religious literature is also available.
Our Chaplains represent a variety of faiths and can facilitate any religious, cultural or ritual needs.
- Rev. Mason Jenkins – Supervisor of Pastoral Care; Board Certified Interfaith Chaplain with a Masters of Divinity
- Chaplain Abby Feriak – Interfaith Chaplain with a Masters of Divinity
- Fr. Mert Codero – Roman Catholic Priest Chaplain
- Fr. Stephen Toth – Roman Catholic Priest Chaplain
- Rabbi Avrohom Marmorstein – Jewish Chaplain
- Chaplains on call 24/7 to service people from all backgrounds in crisis
- Faith-specific religious guidance
- Prayer and sacramental assistance
- Emotional counseling
- Support for people making difficult decisions for themselves or loved ones
- Religious workshops
- Religious literature of all types including Bibles and interfaith prayer booklets
- Outreach to local clergy and religious communities
Additional Resources for Jewish Patients
- Kosher meals certified by the Volover Rov (Rabbi N. E. Teitlebaum) and the Vaad of Staten Island; dairy meals are Chalav Yisrael and meat meals are Glatt
- Additional kosher meals for family members (one free in Mother/Baby and Pediatric units; others at cost)
- Two kosher pantries stocked by Chesed 24/7 with snacks, beverages, and religious reading material
- On Shabbat: juice, challah and battery operated candles (through Pastoral Care) and assistance for families in need of lodging (through Patient and Family Relations)
- Holiday celebrations: Rosh Hashanah – apples and honey, and blowing of the shofar; Sukkot – sukkah on premises; Passover – matzo available
Additional Resources for Muslim Patients
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- Prayer rugs and religious literature
- Assistance washing before prayer and locating Qibla
Pastoral Care 201-447-8150
Valley Dining 201-447-8094
Patient and Family Relations 201-447-8015
Order from the Gift Shop
gift to be
a Valley Hospital patient.