We are pleased to provide this list of insurers with which The Valley Hospital contracts. Please note the following:
- This list only reflects the insurers and managed care organizations that have contracts with The Valley Hospital. This list may not be comprehensive. For example, specialty insurers such as worker's compensation and personal injury protection ("PIP") are not included because there are a number of different types of insurance products and we may not participate in all of them. If you do not see your plan listed on our website, we strongly recommend that you contact us or your health insurance plan to confirm whether your plan is in-network or out–of-network with our facility.
- The physicians who provide care within our hospital might not participate in the same insurance plans as the hospital. You should check with the physician who is arranging your healthcare services to see which insurance plans the physician participates in. You should also know that these healthcare professional(s)' costs are not included in the facility's charges. They will bill separately.
- The Valley Hospital contracts with several hospital-based physician groups (e.g., anesthesiology, pathology and radiology) to provide services to patients. Please contact your insurance company to verify network status for these independent providers. The costs for the hospital based physician groups are billed separately from the hospital Click here for more information.
- The Valley Hospital also has an employed physician group (Valley Medical Group) which provides services to patients. Click here for more information. While these physicians are employees, you may still receive a separate bill for their services in the event they process their own billing.
- As a courtesy to you, we provide links to each plan's web site. Valley Health System is in no way responsible for the accuracy of the information on these sites, nor are we responsible for any of the sites' functions. The sites are the property of the sponsoring companies, and inquiries about the sites should be directed to them.
- When you click on a plan's link, a new window will open. To return to the Valley site, simply click the "X" in the upper right of the window, or click away from the insurer's window in an area where the Valley site can be seen.
- If you do not see your plan listed here, please feel free to e-mail us at email@example.com. We'll be happy to respond telling you if we accept the plan.
Medicare (Part A and Part B)
New Jersey Medicaid
Aetna (Aetna Medicare NNJ Prime Plan and Aetna Better Health Medicaid HMO)
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of NJ (excluding Horizon NJ Medicaid HMO)
Mohawk Valley Health Plan (non-HMO plans only via Valley's CIGNA contract)
Great-West Healthcare (now part of CIGNA)
Oxford Health Plans
United HealthCare (including United HealthCare Community Plan)
Preferred Provider Organizations:
Community Care Network
Consumer Health Network (CHN)
Devon Health Services
Health Care Payors Coalition
NJ Urology Group (administered by HealthScope)
* Insurers that offer HMO (gatekeeper) products may place restrictions on where patients can receive certain outpatient services (i.e., lab services, radiology, physical/speech/occupational therapy). If you are seeking one of these services, please check with your insurance company before making an appointment at Valley.