We are pleased to provide this list of insurers with which The Valley Hospital contracts. Please note the following:
- This list only reflects the insurers and managed care organizations that have contracts with The Valley Hospital. Your physician may or may not have contracts with these plans. You must contact your physician directly for this information. If The Valley Hospital accepts your plan, there is no guarantee that your physician accepts it. (The Valley Hospital and its physicians contract separately with insurers.)
- As a courtesy to you, we provide links to each plan's web site. Valley Health System is in no way responsible for the accuracy of the information on these sites, nor are we responsible for any of the sites' functions. The sites are the property of the sponsoring companies, and inquiries about the sites should be directed to them.
- When you click on a plan's link, a new window will open. To return to the Valley site, simply click the "X" in the upper right of the window, or click away from the insurer's window in an area where the Valley site can be seen.
- If you do not see your plan listed here, please feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll be happy to respond telling you if we accept the plan. To read our e-mail policy, click here.
Americhoice (now known as United HealthCare Community Plan) is the only Medicaid HMO with which The Valley Hospital currently participates.
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
GHI HMO (now known as EmblemHealth)
Please be advised that The Valley Hospital has terminated its contract with GHI HMO effective 10/27/09. Special authorization will be needed for any elective cases scheduled after that date. Emergency admissions will continue to require notification of admission on the next business day following the admission.
Please note that some GHI plans may continue to access Valley Hospital via its agreement with Qualcare. You should contact your insurer directly to see if this arrangement applies to your particular plan.
HealthNet (now part of United HealthCare)
HIP of NY (now known as EmblemHealth)
Please be advised that The Valley Hospital has terminated its contract with HIP of NY effective 3/18/09. Special authorization will be needed for any elective cases scheduled after that date. Emergency admissions will continue to require notification of admission on the next business day following the admission.
Please note that some HIP of NY plans may continue to access Valley Hospital via its agreement with Qualcare. You should contact your insurer directly to see if this arrangement applies to your particular plan.
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of NJ (only NON-Medicaid/NJ Family Care lines of business)
Mohawk Valley Health Plan (non-HMO plans only via Valley's CIGNA contract)
Great-West Healthcare (now part of CIGNA)
Oxford Health Plans
United HealthCare (including United HealthCare Community Plan)
Preferred Provider Organizations:
Consumer Health Network (CHN)
Devon Health Services
Health Care Payors Coalition
Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
* Insurers that offer HMO (gatekeeper) products may place restrictions on where patients can receive certain outpatient services (i.e., lab services, radiology, physical/speech/occupational therapy). If you are seeking one of these services, please check with your insurance company before making an appointment at Valley. In addition, please note the information below.
Outpatient Radiology Services:
- Cigna —Cigna utilizes American Imaging Management's (AIM) radiology network for HMO, Point of Service and PPO products. Patients wishing to utilize their in-network benefits must use an AIM provider. Valley is not an AIM provider at this time. Cigna indemnity products have no restrictions on outpatient radiology services. Cigna HMO/POS/PPO patients may utilize Radiology Associates of Ridgewood's free-standing office in Waldwick.