I dropped off the kids at school, worked out at the gym, attended a PTA meeting, and made a difference in my community.
Who am I?
I am a Valley Hospital Auxilian.
You too can experience the unique joy that comes from making a difference in your community. Become a part of a 65-year tradition and join The Valley Hospital Auxiliary today!
The Auxiliary was a major catalyst in the founding of the hospital, raising funds and establishing community support seven years before the hospital opened. Today's Auxiliary consists of more than 2,000 members from the many local communities that Valley serves. Auxiliary objectives include serving as a liaison to the community, generating financial support, and providing many volunteer services. Over the years, it has remained an integral part of hospital life, and today, the Auxiliary enjoys a reputation as one of our nation's premier hospital volunteer organizations.
Providing Financial Support to Hospital Programs and Services
Since its inception, the Auxiliary has helped serve local communities by raising funds for specific healthcare programs and services. To date, the Auxiliary has donated over $15,000,000 to Valley. The following is a small sampling of the many programs and services the Auxiliary has supported:
- Pediatric Emergency Services
- The Emergency Department
- The Breast Center
- Maternal Child Health Home Care Services
- Pediatric Asthma Program
- Telemedicine for Congestive Heart Disease
- The Radiation Therapy Suite in the Blumenthal Cancer Center at the Luckow Pavilion in Paramus, NJ.
- 64-slice CT Scanner
- Expansion of the Inpatient Pediatric Unit
- Creation of a Women's Health Unit
- Program support for the Butterflies Pediatric Hospice Program
- Center for Women's Heart Health
- Maternal/Fetal Medicine Unit at The Valley Hospital
- Valley Home Care's Maternal Child Health Program
The Auxiliary adopted a new $1.5 million pledge that will go towards the expansion of the Breast Surgery Program at the Luckow Pavilion, and Valley Home Care's Butterflies Program.
Our Mission is Three-Fold:
Serving as community liaison for the hospital, raising funds, and assisting the hospital through a variety of traditional and non-traditional volunteer services.