The Department of Transportation, under rule 49 CFR 390.5, has required employers with CDL cardholders under their employ to comply with physical examinations and drug and alcohol testing (49CFR382). These regulations are comprehensive and include strict detail for compliance. Workplace Connection stands ready to assist you in complying with this regulation in the following ways:
• We have seven conveniently located Valley Medical Group offices throughout Bergen, Passaic and Morris counties that offer DOT physicals, examinations and drug testing. Any of our centers can provide these services. Click here for the locations.
• DOT-required random drug and alcohol testing can be performed at your workplace. This saves the travel and wait time associated with sending drivers to a collection site. Our on-site services are offered at no extra cost to you, and we will perform our services throughout northern New Jersey.
• Currently, we perform drug-testing services for more than 1,000 clients including municipal governments, local boards of education and private companies.
• Our consulting package will assist you in complying with federal regulations through program implementation, safety-sensitive supervisor training, employee education and other methods.
• Through our subscription to a federal regulation update service we can assist you in keeping your DOT policies current to maintain compliance.
• Breath-alcohol testing is offered at all of our centers.
• We provide a 24-hour “on call” service for post-accident testing compliance.
• We offer substance abuse professional (SAP) services and employee assistance programs (EAP).
• Our laboratories are DHHS/SAMSHA certified.
• Our testing includes screening for adulterants including nitrites.
• For convenience and cost-effectiveness, we offer drug and alcohol testing at your workplace. For details, please call Paul Gresko at 201-291-6047 or e-mail him at email@example.com.
For more information, call Valley Health Workplace Connection at 1-800-637-1136, or use our convenient Contact Us form.