Valley Home Care and Hospice offers wonderful volunteer opportunities to individuals from a variety of personal and professional backgrounds.
Volunteers provide physical, emotional, and spiritual support to the ill and the homebound patients who receive care through Valley Home Care and Hospice. There is also other opportunities to support the home care staff at our office in Paramus. Some volunteers also make blankets and pillows for our patients. If you have a creative side to you, why not offer to donate your creations to make someone smile?
Volunteers of Valley Home Care must be at least 14 years of age. Our Junior Volunteer program is a great way to accrue hours for college applications and religious or school obligations.
Valley Home Care also welcomes volunteers from Girl Scout and Boy Scout Troops, Classes and Organizations of Schools who assist with various events and parties. So, if you are looking for a project to gain that award, this is a great way to do it.
Volunteers are an important part of our health care system. They represent our community and play valuable and meaningful roles in the lives of our patients and families.
Things You Need to Know:
Minimal requirements of all volunteers include:
- Ability to understand and communicate clearly.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to give and follow direction.
- Ability to satisfactorily meet the requirements of the position.
- Ability to participate in annual TB screenings/education and complete post-tests.
- Ability to respond promptly and appropriately to customer requests.
- Ability to respond effectively in an emergency and offer assistance as necessary.
- Ability to project a positive outlook and willingness to help as needed.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to commit for at least one year of service.