Thank you for your interest in volunteer opportunities at The Valley Hospital!
How to Apply:
Kindly download the Adult Volunteer Application here. Once downloaded, please print and fill out the full packet, including listing the contact information for three valid references, and mail to:
Volunteer Department, ATTN: Kaitlyn Hipshman
The Valley Hospital
223 N. Van Dien Avenue
Ridgewood, NJ 07450
Once received, your references are mailed out and your application is reviewed. If you do not hear from us immediately, we do not have an assignment that matches your availability, interest, and skill set at this time, but will continue to keep your application on file for consideration as new positions become available.
Assignments are based on individual interests, skills, and the needs of The Valley Hospital and Valley Home Care. Morning, afternoon, evening, and weekend positions are available.
Things You Need to Know:
Minimal requirements of all volunteers include:
- Ability to understand and communicate clearly.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to give and follow direction.
- Ability to satisfactorily meet the requirements of the position.
- Ability to participate in annual TB screenings/education and complete post-tests.
- Ability to respond promptly and appropriately to customer requests.
- Ability to respond effectively in an emergency and offer assistance as necessary.
- Ability to project a positive outlook and willingness to help as needed.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to commit to at least six months of service.
Applicants who are invited to join our program must receive favorable references and pass a criminal background check. Before starting an assignment, you will need to be oriented to the hospital policies and procedures, fulfill mandatory health requirements, and complete a self-learning education module.