Important Tips & Information When Filling Out the Volunteer Application:
- Complete the application in neat hand writing or typed, so your information is easily readable.
- Make sure that you include all the necessary information requested. Birth dates and Social Security are necessary. Please note that you MUST be an American Citizen to volunteer.
- We need (3) non related references. Please make sure that those you choose will respond quickly, and that you provide their "full" address, including, name, full address, city, state and zip code.
- We do not accept applications with phone numbers or email addresses.
- It is not necessary to send a resume with your application. The information on the application we request is all we need for you to volunteer with Valley Home Care and Hospice.
- All Adult volunteers interested in visiting patients and families must complete training course depending on the program.
- All volunteers need complete a Volunteer Health form and have a two-step TB test when they first volunteer, followed with annual test if they choose to continue to volunteer. Adult volunteers need to do this by the end of the last date of the volunteer training.
- Keep in mind that all applications take 7-14 business days to process.
- All VHC volunteers must commit to one year of volunteer time. We do not accept those interested to volunteers less than one year for both adult and junior volunteer programs. If you need volunteer hours, we suggest becoming a Valley Community Volunteer instead. Community Volunteers means record your own volunteer time each week, and come up with a way that you can support the Valley Home Care and Hospice organizations. Some suggestions are to do sticker, wrapping paper or art supply collections for our Journeys or Butterflies Program or any other volunteer ideas with their school, religious or sporting organization. We also offer an opportunity to support our annual Teddy Bear Event for Pediatric Butterflies service in the Spring. Volunteers can help out before hand from January - April or attend the Teddy Bear event (4 hours).
For more information, please contact Volunteer Services at 201-291-6131
Click here to print and fill out the adult volunteer application packet.
Click here to print and fill out the junior volunteer application packet.
**Please Note: References must be three full names and street addresses for non-family references. We do not accept applications with phone numbers or e-mail addresses.
We have two volunteer opportunities where hours are recorded in a binder, visiting volunteers can see patients at one facility at the Christian Health Care Center in Wyckoff or if you have an interest we could use volunteers to support our office staff Monday-Friday anytime from 9 AM - 4 PM. However, all our friendly visiting and doula vigil volunteers are required to record time in a Valley email/calender account. Computer access is required.
Mail Forms to...
Valley Home Care and Hospice
Carley Anne Tsaglos, Coordinator of Volunteers and Bereavement Services
Dorothy B. Kraft Center
15 Essex Road, Suite 301
Paramus, NJ 07652
For any other questions, please call or e-mail: