Preparing for childbirth, bringing home a newborn, or caring for a child with a chronic medical condition can be challenging. Valley Home Care’s Maternal and Child Health Program provides skilled medical and nursing care, educational advice, compassionate support, and practical assistance to mothers, fathers and children of all ages.
Our team includes healthcare professionals with years of experience and expertise in providing home care for families. Our services can assist you in caring for your child within the comfort of home and may prevent trips to the hospital for emergency or inpatient care.
Whether this is your first baby or you’re adding to your family, our Maternity Care services offer you, your baby and your family skilled nursing care, hands-on education, and compassionate support:
- childbirth education, including an in-home Lamaze program
- nursing care for high-risk pregnancy, including patients with high blood pressure or gestational diabetes
- home IV therapy
- pre-term labor prevention care
Post-Partum Care After Childbirth
Our team can help you settle into parenthood with:
- breastfeeding education and lactation consultation
- screening for post-partum depression
- home assessments for new mothers
- wound care
- care for pregnancy complications
We will help you learn parenting skills and provide nursing care for your baby with special needs:
- care for conditions of prematurity
- apnea monitoring
- home phototherapy
- treatment for feeding complications
- complete assessment of baby, including weight checks
- treatment for underlying medical conditions
We provide skilled nursing care, rehabilitation therapy, social work services, nutrition counseling, and other services for children with:
- complications from premature birth
- nutrition deficiency
- cardio-respiratory dysfunction
- cerebral palsy
- feeding tubes
- chronic illnesses
- developmental delays
Our pediatric home care services include:
- IV therapy
- post-operative care and education
- feeding assistance
- other skilled nursing care
- The Butterflies Program: offering home care and palliative care for children with progressive life-limiting or life-threatening diseases and medical conditions.
Our Experienced Team
Our multidisciplinary team is highly experienced in maternal and child home care. They include registered adult and pediatric nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, registered dietitians, medical social workers, chaplains, lactation consultants, home health aides, and specially trained volunteers. We work closely with your physician to develop and administer a care plan that meets your unique needs.
Services are provided to families throughout northern New Jersey. Referrals for care can come from a family physician, pediatrician, social worker, or hospital discharge planner. Many of our services are reimbursable by Medicare, Medicaid (for residents of Bergen and Passaic counties), and private health insurance companies. Please check with your individual health insurance carrier for more information. Self-payment is also accepted.